Our owners make decisions based on a democratic model: one membership, one vote. Owners support their co-op through both patronage and participation. Shopping, voting and volunteering help our co-op thrive!
Becoming an Owner
Ownership goes hand in hand with investment: currently the equity requirement is a $75 one time investment which goes to improving the store for everyone. You can also purchase a 1 year membership, perfect for college students and military. To become an owner, simply come into our store, fill out an application from our brochure, and take it and your payment to one of our cashiers. Starting January 1, 2018 we will be instituting a $10/year renewal fee.
- 3% off EVERY TIME YOU SHOP (excluding sale items, dairy and Wheatfields bread)
- 15% off special order products (only for items not on our shelves or in bulk)
- Quarterly Owner Appreciation Sales- 10% off everything in the store
- Wellness Wednesdays: 10% off herbs and supplements the first Wednesday of every month
- 5% off all bulk purchases over 3 pounds
- Educational classes and our wellness library is available to members
- Opportunities to volunteer on our board or at store events
- Help elect board of directors, vote at annual meetings
- All money spent at People's Grocery stays in our community