Becoming an Owner
Ownership goes hand in hand with investment: currently a $75 one time investment buys your share of equity in People's Grocery Cooperative. You can also purchase a 1 year trial membership, perfect for college students and military, for $35.
To become an owner, simply come into our store, fill out an application from our brochure, and take it with your payment to one of our cashiers. Starting January 1, 2018 we will be instituting a $10/year maintenance fund fee for all lifetime owners to encourage the growth of the cooperative!
- 3% off EVERY TIME YOU SHOP (excluding sale items, dairy, and Wheatfields bread)
- 15% off special order products
- Quarterly Owner Appreciation Sales- 10% off everything in the store (excluding sale items, dairy, and Wheatfields bread)
- Wellness Wednesdays: 10% off supplements, bulk herbs, and beauty products on the first Wednesday of every month
- 5% off all bulk purchases over 3 pounds
- Educational classes and our free wellness library
- Opportunities to volunteer on our board or at store events
- Elect board of directors
- Vote at annual meetings